What Xeloda is?
XELODA (capecitabine) is a nucleoside metabolic inhibitor with antineoplastic activity indicated for:
• Adjuv ant Colon Cancer
– Patients with Dukes’ C colon cancer
• Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
– First-line as monotherapy when treatment with fluoropyrimidine
therapy alone is preferred
• Metastatic Breast Cancer
– In combination with docetaxel after failure of prior anthracyclinecontaining therapy
– As monotherapy in patients resistant to both paclitaxel and an
What capecitabine is?
Capecitabine, sold under the brand name Xeloda among others, is a chemotherapy medication used to treat breast cancer, gastric cancer and colorectal cancer. For breast cancer it is often used together with docetaxel.
It is used in the treatment of the following cancers:
- Colorectal cancer (either as neoadjuvant therapy with radiation, adjuvant therapy or for metastatic cases)
- Breast cancer (metastatic or as monotherapy/combotherapy; this is licensed as a second-line treatment in the UK)
- Gastric cancer (off-label in the US; this is a licensed indication in the UK)
- Oesophageal cancer (off-label in the US)