Advancing in TLS Propylaxis
- Febuxostat, a potent non-purine selective Xanthine Oxidasse (XO) inhibitor, inhibits both oxidized and reduced types of XO unlike allopurinol. As a result of its selective and structural difference, febuxostat tends to cause fewer adverse events when compared with allopurinol.
- With the advantage of a fixed daily dose 120mg
- No dose adjustment is necessary in patients with mild or moderate renal impairment
- No hypersensitivity profile unlike allopurinol
- Reduce higher rates of treatment-related complications and costs